DigitalOcean to KVM Migration
This is for CentOS 7 Only
1. BMR (Bare Metal Restore) Steps:-
- Create KVM machine with the same config as DO has and perform BMR, after BMR, Reboot the server.
2. Post-BMR steps:-
After booting the machine if you see Grub issue then fix it by following the below guide.
a.How to Fix the Grub Issue OR watch video
- – Mount CentOS 7 ISO and Boot the machine
- – At the boot screen, Select the Troubleshooting > Rescue a CentOS Linux system > choose Continue (1)
- – Run these commands :-
grub2-install /dev/vda # may be sda OR xvda
- – Remove ISO, Reboot server.
3. Change the IP Address:-
- Take Console and edit file /etc/sysconfig/network-
- ifdown eth0 ; ifup eth0 OR systemctl restart network
- Try SSH and ping.
- Now change IP at inside /etc/ recursively.
DO to KVM Migration #DO to KVM #Digital Ocean to KVM Migration #KVM Migration